Peanut Satay Noodles
Bijgewerkt: jul 25
This is one of my most favourite recipes to make because it is super quick to make and absolutely packing with flavour.
Recipe (serves 2) Prep time: 20 minutes Peanut satay sauce:
· 2 tablespoons peanut butter (almond butter/ tahini would also be nice)
· 4 teaspoons soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon miso
· 1 teaspoon lime juice
· 1 garlic clove
· 1 teaspoons sriracha
· 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped (optional but makes it spicier)
· 3-4 tablespoons oat/coconut/almond/soy milk
· 200 grams glass noodles
· 1 carrot
· 1/4 medium red cabbage
· 1/2 cucumber
· 200 grams smoked tofu
· 1/2 avocado
· 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. First, start thinly cutting your carrots, red cabbage and cucumber. Chop the smoked tofu in cubes and slice the avocado. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, miso, milk, lime juice, sriracha and finely chopped garlic.
3. Soak the glass noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
4. Then proceed to add the vegetables, noodles, tofu and cilantro in a bowl and mix. Drizzle the satay sauce on top and mix well.
5. Divide into 2 bowls and top with avocado, more cilantro and the sesame seeds.