Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Bijgewerkt: 25 jul 2020
These vegan protein bars are made without any protein powder but are high in protein because of the chickpeas, peanut butter and pumpkin seeds. 100% naturally sweetened, low in sugar, higher in protein and ofcourse 100% delicious
Recipe (serves 8) Prep time: 30 minutes
· 1.5 cup oatmeal
· 3/4 cup chickpeas
· 3 tablespoons peanut butter
· 150 ml dairy free milk
· 3 tablespoons syrup (I used rice malt syrup)
· 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
· 2 chopped figs
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 bar vegan dark chocolate
1. First, blend the oats into a flour. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Next, blend the chickpeas, peanut butter, syrup, milk, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon until smooth.
3. Mix this with the oat flour. Fold in the pumpkin seeds, 1/4 of the chocolate (chopped), and chopped figs.
4. Press into brownie pan and refrigerate.
5. In the meanwhile, melt the chocolate au bain marie.
6. Pour the chocolate on top and place back into the freezer so that the chocolate can harden.
7. Cut into 8 slices.