Hazelnut Raisin Cacao Bliss Balls
Hazelnuts and raisins combined together are a seriously an underrated combo. Add cacao and you have yourself a Nutella tasting bliss ball. I activated the hazelnuts. In this way, the amount of phytates is reduced which makes digestion easier and activation also increases the nutrient value of the nut. Activating is super easy: You simply soak the nuts (or grains / beans) for 7-12 hours in filtered water and then dehydrate them for 12-24 hours on 42-65 degrees celcius in a dehydrator. However, it is not a necessity to do this for this particular recipe!
Recipe (makes 21):
· 1.5 cup dates
· 1 cup raisins
· 2 big tablespoons mixed nut butter (+more to fill the balls)
· 1 cup hazelnuts
· 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
· 1 cup oatmeal
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 3 tablespoon water
Method You need a food processor or a high speed blender for this recipe.
1. First you blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender until a sticky dough forms.
2. If the mixture is too dry, add more raisins, dates or a little bit of water.
3. Roll into balls (each approx. 30 grams) and cut them into halves.
4. Poke a hole with your finger and fill the ball with a little bit of nut butter.
5. Gently press the two halves back together and gently roll between your hands until a ball if formed again.