Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
Bijgewerkt: jul 25
Honestly, who doesn't like banana bread? Im calling out all banana bread lovers out to try this recipe. This banana bread is more on the goey and dense side, so if you prefer that then this is the perfect recipe for you! Let's get into the recipe quickly.
Recipe (serves 10-12)
Prep time: 1+ hour
· 4 bananas + 1 for on top
· 1 cup light spelt flour
· 1 cup gluten free flour
· 3 tablespoons cacao powder
· 2 tablespoons neutral oil (I used grapeseed)
· 1/4 cup soy milk
· 1/2 cup coconut sugar
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 3/4 cup aquafaba
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. First, start by preheating the oven to 175 degrees celcius. Mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
2. Now you’re gonna whip the aquafaba in a clean bowl with a electric whisker until foamy. Set aside.
3. Get another bowl and combine the sugar and oil together.
4. Slowly add the aquafaba and combine everything with a spatula.
5. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract and soy milk.
6. Mix the flour and wet mixture together until well combined, leaving some banana chunks in it.
7. Scoop 1/2 of the batter in another bowl and add the cacao powder.
8. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and first add a chocolate layer, then a white layer, then a chocolate flavour and so on until you have no batter left. Slice a banana on top and put in the oven for at least 55 minutes.
9. This banana bread turns out super goey so if you like it drier I would suggest putting it in the oven longer!
10. Let it cool down for at least 30 minutes