Asian-Style Take Out Stir Fry
Bijgewerkt: jul 25
Let’s be honest, sometimes you just can’t be bothered to cook. Getting take out can evolve into a habit with costs you a lot of money. Personally, take out often leave me unsatisfied and a bit underwhelmed with the flavours. The good thing is that stir fry’s are super easy and quick to make and only requires minimal ingredients. This bowl if filled with brown rice and topped with mixed veggies and smoked tofu, all fried in a delicious sauce. I bet you have all the ingredients at home already!
Recipe (serves 2): prep time: 15 minutes
· 1 teaspoon oil
· 3 tablespoons water + 1/2 bouillon cube
· 2 garlic cloves
· 2 inches of minced ginger
· 1 small red chili
· 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
· 1 carrot, thinly sliced
· 200 grams smoked tofu, cubed
· 2 cups broccoli
· 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave)
· 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
· 1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon water Method:
1. In a hot pan, add the water and bouillon cube. Add the broccoli, carrot and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
2. Make space in the middle, add the oil and then proceed to add the garlic, ginger and chili. Let this cook for 2-3 minutes. Then mix everything together.
3. Lower the heat. Add the soy sauce, maple/agave syrup, rice vinegar, sesame seeds and mix together. At last, add the corn starch slurry.
4. Add the cubed tofu. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes on low heat.
5. Serve with some brown rice or noodles.